Thursday 14 May 2015

CHELSEA OFFICIALLY CONFIRM SIGNING OF BRAZILIAN TEENAGER NATHAN

medical at the club's facilities this week.

Speaking about his move from Atletico Paranaense, the 19-year-old said, "I am very happy to be joining Chelsea, the champions of England, and I hope I will be able to learn a lot and develop my game."

.@ChelseaFC is delighted to announce we have agreed terms for the transfer of Nathan: http://t.co/m6X4mmHt4Z pic.twitter.com/lG3ucmoI0g

— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) May 14, 2015


It is thought that Chelsea have agreed to pay €5m to secure Nathan's services, with the player putting pen to paper on a five year deal.

Earlier in the week the youngster, whose full name is Nathan Allan de Souza, had posted various Instagram images of himself at Chelsea's Cobham training ground, including one of him actually signing his contract.

At the time he said, "A dream is coming true! First of all I want to thank God for always lighting my way, my dad who always believed in my talent and was a real warrior while helping me to reach my goals, my family and friends who always supported me.

"I am also thankful to Club Atletico Paranaense, which was part of this journey and where I played for 6 years of my career. Thank you Chelsea for trusting in me, I will do my best to support my team on reaching new achievements."

Nathan has actually been in England for several weeks already, having watched his future team-mates take a step towards the Premier League title in the 0-0 clash with Arsenal at the end of April.

Described as an attacking midfielder, who can also play out wide or operate as a second striker, Nathan any may soon draw comparisons to fellow countryman Oscar. He is a Brazilian international at various junior levels and was named in the Team of the Tournament at the 2013 Under-17 World Cup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment